Kibana patches from 8.5.3 to 8.6.1

more over if are keeping Kibana on old version and Elasticsearch on latest version then it working .

I would expect you would see errors popping up when you run the update. Do you see any errors in the console when you update Elasticsearch?

I would also suggest checking out the upgrade guide and the on-prem guidance specifically to ensure you're following the correct steps. Perhaps something is missing which is why the upgrade is not going through as you expect.

Hope that helps!

Hi Carly

We would like to have a call with you if you are free or are available on skype so that we can discuss it in details and get your advise .
we have tried the same and it still showing the same only .

Hi Sijit,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Have you followed the steps in the upgrade guide and on-prem guidance mentioned previously? I assume you're still having the same error and don't have a new error?

This forum is best effort help and isn't intended as support. I'm not sure if you're on free or have a licence, but if you're still having issues I would recommend raising a support ticket to get some more in-depth help.

Best of luck fixing your issue!

Hello Carly,
Issue has been resolved now, thanks for your support.

That's wonderful news! Thanks for sharing your progress @ArpitChoudhary . Are you able to share the fix in case others in the community find themselves with a similar problem in the future?

Yes Sure.
After trying couples a methods finally I got success to upgrade my Kibana, Elasticsearch, Filebeat, Metricbeat and other OS based patches.

I update EKB on Nodes individually like
1.Take a Screenshot of your RUNNING SERVICES on each Nodes.
2. Update Kibana
3. Update Elasticsearch
4. Update Filebeat
5. Update Metricbeat.
6. Restart the services of Kibana, Elasticsearch, Filebeat & then Metricbeat.
7. Update the OS based patches (optional)
8. Match the current RUNNING SERVICES with the previous ones. If somehow some service is not running make it up manually up.

Service Name Before patching version After patching version
Kibana 8.5.3 8.6.1
Elasticsearch 8.6.0 8.6.1
Filebeat 8.6.0 8.6.1
Metricbeat 8.6.0 8.6.1
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.