License Question: x-pack Modules

Hello,

I have been struggling to get the netflow module working. The error I keep ending up with is:

2022-02-11T07:49:28.539-0500    ERROR   instance/beat.go:1015   Exiting: Failed to start crawler: creating module reloader failed: error checking input configuration: Error creating input. No such input type exist: 'netflow'
Exiting: Failed to start crawler: creating module reloader failed: error checking input configuration: Error creating input. No such input type exist: 'netflow'

I spent more time than I'd like to admit shuffling files and directories around. I read that there are differences between the OSS (Apache-2?) licensed features and the elastic licensed features. My distro has the OSS (Apache-2?) version installed. Does that simply mean that it does not come with the x-pack modules, or does it mean that filebeat itself cannot use them?

The OSS version of Filbeat does not include the netflow input. But you can download the non-OSS version of Filebeat for free: Download Filebeat • Lightweight Log Analysis | Elastic

Okay, does this mean it is not about where the x-pack files are, but instead, it is about if the installed filebeat instance supports them and/or a specific module in this case netflow?

To get that module you need to download the default distribution, which includes non-apache licensed code in it.

Great, thanks I am trying that now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.