Locked Threads on Logstash 2.4

Hi there,

I have a workflow with two Logstash's and a rabbitmq in the middle to store messages temporarily.

On the second logstash, the one behind the rabbitmq, I'm using the following code to set a field with the time the message reached the logstash:

filter {
ruby {
code => "event.set('process_time',Time.now.utc.strftime('%FT%T.%LZ'))"
}
}

After some time It stops getting messages from the rabbitmq queue and when i try to restart the service I get the following error:

{"inflight_count"=>45111, "stalling_thread_info"=>{["LogStash::Filters::Ruby", {"code"=>"event.set('process_time',Time.now.utc.strftime('%FT%T.%LZ'))"}]=>[{"thread_id"=>58, "name"=>"[main]>worker0", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore/response.rb:50:in call'"}, {"thread_id"=>59, "name"=>"[main]>worker1", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>60, "name"=>"[main]>worker2", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>61, "name"=>"[main]>worker3", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>63, "name"=>"[main]>worker5", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>64, "name"=>"[main]>worker6", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>65, "name"=>"[main]>worker7", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>66, "name"=>"[main]>worker8", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>68, "name"=>"[main]>worker10", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore/response.rb:50:in call'"}, {"thread_id"=>69, "name"=>"[main]>worker11", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>70, "name"=>"[main]>worker12", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>71, "name"=>"[main]>worker13", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>72, "name"=>"[main]>worker14", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore/response.rb:50:in call'"}, {"thread_id"=>73, "name"=>"[main]>worker15", "current_call"=>"[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.1-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}]}} {:level=>:warn}

I can't find information about ruby filter and if it's thread-safe.

Also is there any other way to timestamp the message when it reaches certain point on the pipeline?

all those stacks calls in response.rb:50:in call are sending data to elasticsearch, while the others at output_delegator.rb:128:in pop are outputs waiting to received data so they can push it out.

It seems logstash isn't able to send all data out to elasticsearch, so it is stalled, are there any other log error messages either in logstash or elasticsearch?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.