Logstash 5.0 config issue

my java version

[root@logstash logstash] # java -version 
openjdk version "1.8.0_101"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Installed via the instructions on this page.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/5.0/installing-logstash.html
the issue is after installing via RPM, I'm trying to do the command

[root@logstash logstash] # /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash agent -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf --path.settings /etc/logstash/ --config.test_and_exit

However, that gives the error:

[root@logstash logstash] # /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash agent -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf --path.settings /etc/logstash/ --config.test_and_exit
--- jar coordinate com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations already loaded with version 2.7.1 - omit version 2.7.0
--- jar coordinate com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind already loaded with version 2.7.1 - omit version 2.7.1-1
ERROR: too many arguments

See: 'bin/logstash --help'

So I'm like, ok, lets try it again. This time without the --config.test_and_exit

[root@logstash logstash] # /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash agent -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf --path.settings /etc/logstash/ 
--- jar coordinate com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations already loaded with version 2.7.1 - omit version 2.7.0
--- jar coordinate com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind already loaded with version 2.7.1 - omit version 2.7.1-1
ERROR: too many arguments

See: 'bin/logstash --help'

Nope, that didn't work. I already know that if I try it without the --path.settings then it will error out, like this:

[root@logstash logstash] # /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash agent -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf
Logstash has a new settings file which defines start up time settings. This file is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. If you installed Logstash through a package and are starting it manually please specify the location to this settings file by passing in "--path.settings=/path/.." in the command line options {:level=>:warn}
Failed to load settings file from "path.settings". Aborting... {"path.settings"=>"/usr/share/logstash/config", "exception"=>Errno::ENOENT, "message"=>"No such file or directory - /usr/share/logstash/config/logstash.yml", :level=>:fatal}

This is on Centos.

[root@logstash logstash] # uname -a 
Linux logstash 2.6.32-573.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jul 23 15:44:03 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[root@logstash logstash] # cat /etc/redhat-release 
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)

I had no issues with E or K 5.0 alpha4 install. Only L.

This is a VM, so I might just blow it away and try to reinstall again.

The issue is probably that you don't need agent in your command line. That's a rather old artifact that hasn't been needed for a while, even in 2.x.

Thanks. I've already destroyed that VM and building another, but I'll make a note of that.