Logstash API successfully started but the data doesnot load

Hello,

I was trying to input a csv file, It says pipeline started successfully, pipelines running, successfully started started logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600} but it is not loading the csv file. any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

What does your input configuration look like? My guess is it is waiting for data to be appended to the csv.

i had uploaded the same CSV (file a) yesterday and i was trying to input multiple files today (file a(the same file i uploaded yesterday)) , file b(new csv)) and this happened.

config file:

input{

file{

type => "Mileage"

path => "/Users/sahilahmed/Downloads/elk/auto_mpg.csv"

start_position => "beginning"

sincedb_path => "/dev/null"

}

file{

type => "Fifa"

path => "/users/sahilahmed/Downloads/elk/data.csv"

start_position => "beginning"

sincedb_path => "/dev/null"

}

}

output{

if [type] == "Mileage" {

elasticsearch{

hosts => "localhost"

index => "cars"

document_type => "auto_mpg"

}

}

if [type] == "Fifa"

{

elasticsearch{

hosts => "localhost"

index => "Players"

document_type => "Player Ratings"

}

}

stdout {}

}

Enable trace level logging. You will get a bunch of message that should tell you what it is doing. Stuff like

[2019-01-10T16:39:51,066][TRACE][filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial] handle_specifically opened file handle: 85, path: foo.txt
[2019-01-10T16:39:51,093][TRACE][filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial] add_new_value_sincedb_collection {"position"=>0, "watched_file details"=>"<FileWatch::Watched File: @filename='foo.txt', @state='active', @recent_states='[:watched, :watched]', @bytes_read='0', @bytes_unread='954', current_size='954', last_stat_size='954', file_open?='true', @initial=true, @sincedb_key='59521 0 51714'>"}
[2019-01-10T16:39:51,130][TRACE][filewatch.tailmode.processor] Active - file grew: foo.txt: new size is 954, bytes read 0

Please do not post screenshots of text. Post the text itself.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.