Logstash as windows service not reading log files

Hello,

I have logstash installed as a windows service and it is not reading the log files. When I run logstash from command prompt it works fine. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
-Leelakrishnan

Probably a permissions issue. Check the effective permissions of the log file and make sure the user that Logstash runs as can read it.

Hi,

The logstash service runs in Local System account. I tried another user who has permission to log files. But still logstash is not reading the log files.

How do you know the user has permission to read the files?

You can bump the Logstash log level to debug. Look for log entries with "glob". What do they say?

Hi,

I do have "glob" entries in the log files and it say the names of my log files. Does that mean the user do not have the read permission? I thought the Local system account has the permission to read. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

I do have "glob" entries in the log files and it say the names of my log files. Does that mean the user do not have the read permission?

Instead of describing log entries, show them (using copy/paste).

Hi,

I got it working. Thank you for your hints.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.