Logstash configuration file unit testing

Hi there,

Are there any general guidelines on how to go about unit testing logstash config files? I did some research and picked on a few examples, but they all are very old and don't seem to be compatible with logstash 5.4.0 .

Also, is it possible to write unit tests in programming languages other than ruby , like java?

Thanks
-Nilesh

1 Like

I recommend a tool that I've written, Logstash Filter Verifier. It's currently not compatible with Logstash 5.x but I hope I can sort that out in the next few weeks. Depending on your filters you may be able to test your configuration files with Logstash 2.4 instead.

Thanks Magnus, using logstash-2.4 is not an option right now, so I need something that works with 5.4.

I actually think it works with 5.x as long as you're pointing it to the Logstash binary of an unpacked tarball rather than a Logstash installed via a Debian package or RPM.

I am actually using the log stash tarball. I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help
-Nilesh

Hi Magnus,

Logstash filter verifier worked like a charm. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.