Logstash Date Filter Not Recognizing the pattern

(David) #1

Hello there,

I have a log file in CSV format (but semicolon separated instead of comma) that I generated from PowerShell, where one of the fields contain a date. Using grok, I managed to pull the date and store them into a field named "LastModified"

A sample of a line would be like these:

"ghijkl";db-backup-archive;Config/;2018-05-01 12:08:12;Amazon.S3.Model.Owner;0MB;GLACIER
"abcedf";db-backup-archive;DB_Test/DB_Test_backup_2018_05_01_020004_1938647.bak;2018-05-01 12:20:19;Amazon.S3.Model.Owner;3.27MB;GLACIER

So the date would be:

2018-05-01 12:08:12
2018-05-01 12:20:19

Now, I thought if I had my date filter to match "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" pattern, it would work no problem, but I keep getting the _dateparsefailure tag instead.

Here's my full logstash config

# The # character at the beginning of a line indicates a comment. Use comments to describe your configuration.
input {
    beats {
        port => "5044"
    }
}

filter {

## This prevents duplicate data from being added, using "message" field as the hash key
	fingerprint{
		source => "message"
		target => "[@metadata][fingerprint]"
		method => "SHA256"
		key => "Empirics"
	}

if [fields][logtype] == "BackupStatus" {
		grok {
			match => { "message" => "\A(?<ETag>[^;]+);(?<BucketName>[^;]+);(?<DBName>[^/]+)/(?<Filename>[^;]+);(?<LastModified>[^;]+);(?<Owner>[^;]+);(?<Size>[^;]+);(?<StorageClass>[^;]+)" }
			tag_on_failure => ["warning_unparsed_backupstatus"]
		}
	} else {
		mutate {
			add_tag => [ "warning_not_grok_parsed" ]
		}
	}

## If failed to parse, drop the data
	#if "warning_unparsed_backupstatus" in [tags] {
	#	drop { }
	#}

date {
		match => [ "LastModified", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" , "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss " , " yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" , "yyyy-MM-dd  HH:mm:ss" ]
	}

}

output {
	elasticsearch {
		hosts => ["127.0.0.1:9200"]
		document_id => "%{[@metadata][fingerprint]}"
		index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{[@metadata][version]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}" 
	}
}

The grok part certainly worked because I can see the LastModified fields, along with other fields I defined in the grok match pattern.

Anyone can help me with this?
If it helps, I'm on logstash 6.3.2

(David) #2

Discover
As you can see, it manages to get all of the fields and I can see them on Kibana Discovery (I crossed out some fields but they are definitely there)

(system) closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.