Logstash Drop Filter for UFW BLOCK in Syslog

Greetings,
I have been fighting something for 2 days now that severely alludes me at this point: I cannot get the [UFW BLOCK] entries in syslog to either get blocked by the filebeat system module via regex or by filtering out via logstash. This is what I am trying to get rid of: It currently goes through the system module to the system grok patterns and ends up in system.syslog.message:

`[3430054.688179] [UFW BLOCK] IN=br0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:00:2d:3a:2b:b4:08:00 SRC=45.58.43.180 DST=255.255.255.255 LEN=201 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=9554 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=52008 DPT=1900 LEN=181` 

This is what my drop filter looks like for it:

filter {
if [system][syslog][message] =~ /^.UFW BLOCK.$/ { drop { } }
}

I've tried putting this after it gets added to message, as in comparing it to [message], I've also tried doing "UFW BLOCK" in [message]. I've tried about every combination I can think of to get rid of these. I tried exclude_line also and it was not working either. I must be missing something fundamental and any help would be greatly appreciated. (And yes I wish I could just have these annoying messages not go to syslog, but that is not within my power to decide on).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.