Logstash error with Kinesis plugin only on an account

Hi Experts,

I'm running Logstash 6.3.2 on Windows server, and have successfully installed the Kinesis plugin. The installation directory is C:\Logstash...

I can see the Kinesis plugin (logstash-input-kinesis (2.0.7)) when I run logstash-plugin list

I did all of the above when I RDP'd to the Windows server and logged in using a service/system account.

The issue is, when I run a test conf file using Kinesis, it has the following error:

[ERROR][logstash.plugins.registry] Problems loading a plugin with {:type=>"input", :name=>"kinesis", :path=>"logstash/inputs/kinesis", :error_message=>"no !/ in spec", :error_class=>IOError, :error_backtrace=>["org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:955:in require'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65:inrequire'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.12/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:332:in do_require'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.12/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:253:inblock in require_jar'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.12/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:295:in require_jar_with_block'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.12/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:252:inrequire_jar'", "C:/Logstash/lib/bootstrap/patches/jar_dependencies.rb:6:in require_jar'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-kinesis-2.0.7-java/vendor/jar-dependencies/runtime-jars/logstash-input-kinesis_jars.rb:33:in'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:955:in require'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65:inrequire'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-kinesis-2.0.7-java/lib/logstash/inputs/kinesis.rb:1:in <main>'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:955:inrequire'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in require'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/registry.rb:180:inlegacy_lookup'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/registry.rb:155:in block in lookup'", "org/jruby/ext/thread/Mutex.java:148:insynchronize'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/registry.rb:151:in lookup'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/registry.rb:205:inlookup_pipeline_plugin'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugin.rb:140:in lookup'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/plugin_factory.rb:89:inplugin'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:110:in plugin'", "C:/Logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-kinesis-2.0.7-java/lib/logstash/inputs/kinesis.rb:7:in'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:994:in eval'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:82:ininitialize'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in initialize'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "C:/Logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}

However, when I RDP to the server and login using my personal user account, then the .conf file runs just fine, no errors on Kinesis.

Here's the test.conf file:

input {
kinesis {
kinesis_stream_name => "xyz"
application_name => "abc"
region => "us-east-2"
profile => "default"
}
}

filter {
}

output {
elasticsearch {
}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Here's the cmd line to run:
logstash -f c:\logstash\temp\test.conf --path.settings=/c:/logstash/config/ --path.logs=/c:/logstash/temp/

The bottom line is, why I cannot run the Kinesis plugin using the service/system account that I used to installed it, but I can when I use my personal user account!

Note that both service/system and my personal user account are both Administrators on the server, so they have the same privileges to access everything.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.