Logstash exec input constantly runs out of memory

I'm running a very simple, timestamp-based bash script under logstash's exec input. After a few hours, I stop receiving data, and the following appears in the log

[ERROR][logstash.inputs.exec     ] Error while running command {:command=>"/etc/logstash/scripts/cf_edge_poll.sh", :e=>#<Errno::ENOMEM: Cannot all
ocate memory - /etc/logstash/scripts/cf_edge_poll.sh>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/RubyIO.java:3999:in `popen'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-i
nput-exec-3.3.2/lib/logstash/inputs/exec.rb:97:in `run_command'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-input-exec-3.3.2/lib/logstash/inputs/exec.rb
:71:in `execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-input-exec-3.3.2/lib/logstash/inputs/exec.rb:47:in `block in run'", "/usr/share/logstash/ve
ndor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:234:in `do_call'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9
/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:258:in `do_trigger'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:300:in `block in s
tart_work_thread'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:299:in `block in start_work_thread'", "org/jruby/
RubyKernel.java:1425:in `loop'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:289:in `block in start_work_thread'"
]}

The system is running in Azure, 14GB memory, with 7GB max on java settings.

Updating to the latest version does not help.

Advice is welcome.

Updated heap memory, still the same results. Advice is welcome.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.