Logstash fails to start | Multiple pipelines

Hi,
I am trying to set up multiple pipelines, as described here : https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/multiple-pipelines.html
I have set up the .conf and pipelines.yml file correctly, but when try to start logstash (bin/logstash), it fails with below error:

WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults
Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /usr/share/logstash/config/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs errors to the console
[INFO ] 2018-05-02 12:54:23.597 [main] scaffold - Initializing module {:module_name=>"fb_apache", :directory=>"/usr/share/logstash/modules/fb_apache/configuration"}
[INFO ] 2018-05-02 12:54:23.611 [main] scaffold - Initializing module {:module_name=>"netflow", :directory=>"/usr/share/logstash/modules/netflow/configuration"}
ERROR: Failed to read pipelines yaml file. Location: /usr/share/logstash/config/pipelines.yml
usage:
  bin/logstash -f CONFIG_PATH [-t] [-r] [] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash --modules MODULE_NAME [-M "MODULE_NAME.var.PLUGIN_TYPE.PLUGIN_NAME.VARIABLE_NAME=VALUE"] [-t] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash -e CONFIG_STR [-t] [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash -i SHELL [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace]
  bin/logstash -V [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace]
  bin/logstash --help
[ERROR] 2018-05-02 12:54:24.007 [LogStash::Runner] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (SystemExit) exit

Tried the fixes discussed on same problem by other users but nothing worked.

here's snapshot of my very basic pipelines.yml:

Please help, as this is a blocker for us on weather to go ahead with logstash or not as technology choice

Thanks in advance

And in what directory is your pipelines.yml?

'settings' directory

as this is where my path.settings is set in startup.options

startup.options isn't used when you're starting Logstash from your shell with bin/logstash.

So then, where shall be the pipeline.yml be stored, to be picked up by when its run from shell?

The error message tells you where it expects the file to be.

Well putting the pipelines.yml at that path got the multiple pipelines working.

But would appreciate is there's a page that specifies the difference in settings, file-paths etc when running from different modes.

Thanks.

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/dir-layout.html.

hi deepak,
I am using a windows operating system,where should i store my pipelines.yml file?It is not clear in the logstash documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.