Logstash generating exception in pipelineworker

Hi ,

When i run the logstash after upgrading it to 6.2.4, it is generating error as the below. Can i please know whether the error is due to the wrong filter or deprecated syntax in the filter configuration the same configuration was working in 6.1

Exception in pipelineworker, the pipeline stopped processing new events, please check your filter configuration and restart Logstash. {:pipeline_id=>"main", "exception"=>"Operation not permitted", "backtrace"=>["org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:339:in send'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/resolv.rb:846:insend'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/resolv.rb:680:in request'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/resolv.rb:536:inblock in fetch_resource'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/resolv.rb:1108:in block in resolv'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1734:ineach'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/
[FATAL][logstash.runner ] An unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<IOError: Operation not permitted>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:339:in send'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/resolv.rb:846:insend'",

I was able to find the dns filter syntax that was causing the error

dns {
nameserver => [ "8.8.8.8" ]
action => "append"
reverse => [ "dest_ip" ]
#resolve => [ "dest_ip" ]
add_tag => [ "dns_lookup" ]
add_field => { "dns_name" => "%{[dest_ip[1]]}" }

}

This was working fine in 6.1

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.