Logstash in docker input jdbc plugin not updating last_run_metadata_path

Hi I am trying to use the input jdbc plugin
jdbc { type => "logs" jdbc_driver_library => "/opt/logstash/driver/ojdbc6.jar" jdbc_driver_class => "Java::oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//<host>:<port>/<database>" jdbc_user => "****" jdbc_password => "****" jdbc_fetch_size => 1000 schedule => "* * * * *" statement => "select CONNECTION_ID, IPADDRESS, START_DATE, ELAPSED_TIME_MS, GUI_EVENT_TYPE, GUI_EVENT_NAME, GUI_EVENT_PARAMS from xxxx where start_date>to_date(:sql_last_start, 'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS')" clean_run => false record_last_run => true last_run_metadata_path => "/opt/logstash/lastrun/.logstash_jdbc_last_run" }
I have logstash running in a docker container. The metadata file is volume mapped as follows:

-v - /opt/logstash/lastrun/.logstash_jdbc_last_run:/opt/logstash/lastrun/.logstash_jdbc_last_run
However, I am not seeing logstash update the meta file with last run date. Not sure where the problem is. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Hello, you're wrong, you need to know this.The plugin will persist the sql_last_start parameter in the form of a metadata file stored in the configured last_run_metadata_path. Upon shutting down, this file will be updated with the current value of sql_last_start. Next time the pipeline starts up, this value will be updated by reading from the file. If clean_run is set to true, this value will be ignored and sql_last_start will be set to Jan 1, 1970, as if no query has ever been executed.

These are the official website of the document, I also want to update the configuration time, but I do not know, it is not possible to achieve

I don't see any value add in your answer by repeating the obvious. Yes, I checked the website documentation and understand what should happen. The question relates to why it is not. The problem was really with my docker volume mapping. I set it to -v - /opt/logstash/lastrun:/opt/logstash/lastrun. Docker processes files and directories differently.

Hi Sripri,

I'm encountring the same problem (getting an error like this :
No such file or directory - /var/www/.logstash_jdbc_last_run
Did you finally find an issue to this problem?

Hi @Djelouah_Laala @sripri
I'm having the same issue. Dont know how to have my dockerised logstash work with JDBC input and last_run_metadata_path...

Do you have any idea ?
Thanks a lot