Logstash-input-cloudwatch plugin errors

Hi

I am having some issues with the Cloudwatch-Input-plugin for Logstash. I am getting the following error in the logs:

[2017-08-30T13:20:06,433][INFO ][logstash.inputs.cloudwatch] Polling CloudWatch API
[2017-08-30T13:20:06,434][ERROR][logstash.pipeline        ] A plugin had an unrecoverable error. Will restart this plugin.
Plugin: <LogStash::Inputs::CloudWatch access_key_id=>"<ACCESS-KEY_REDACTED>", secret_access_key=>"<SECRET-ACCESS_KEY-REDACTED", namespace=>"AWS/EC2", metrics=>["CPUUtilization"], filters=>{"tag:Monitoring"=>"Yes"}, region=>"eu-west-2", id=>"266c01d7d9b1c604c174319fa8f43b3c5548c34b-2", enable_metric=>true, codec=><LogStash::Codecs::Plain id=>"plain_8017a454-0d72-4b4e-b913-ed1c1327d6ee", enable_metric=>true, charset=>"UTF-8">, use_ssl=>true, statistics=>["SampleCount", "Average", "Minimum", "Maximum", "Sum"], interval=>900, period=>300, combined=>false>
Error: No metrics to query
Exception: RuntimeError
Stack: /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-cloudwatch-2.0.1/lib/logstash/inputs/cloudwatch.rb:144:in `run'
org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in `call'
/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/interval.rb:20:in `interval'
/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-cloudwatch-2.0.1/lib/logstash/inputs/cloudwatch.rb:141:in `run'
/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:443:in `inputworker'
/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:436:in `start_input'

The input config for Logstash currently stands like this (its basic and for now the same as documented config):

input {
  cloudwatch {
    access_key_id => "<REDACTED_ACCESS-KEY>"
    secret_access_key => "<REDACTED_SECRET-ACCESS-KEY>"
    namespace => "AWS/EC2"
    metrics => [ "CPUUtilization" ]
    filters => { "tag:Monitoring" => "Yes" }
    region => "eu-west-2"
  }
}

I have tried removing all of the config apart from the bare minimum - so I am left with access key, secret access key and filters. But the error in the logs is the same.

I have tested the access using the AWS CLi connecting with the same credentials and I am able to return Cloudwatch metrics, so I am happy that the IAM for the user is setup correctly.

Version details of the plugin:

logstash-plugin list --verbose |grep input-cloudwatch
logstash-input-cloudwatch (2.0.1) 

This is on Logstash 5.4.3

Can anyone offer any pointers to what I might be missing to get this working?

TIA,
Ed

Anyone had any experience with the cloudwatch input plugin and seen similar errors?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.