Logstash-input-jmx repository does not install

When following the instructions in the readme at this repository:

logstash-plugin install --no-verify
---> Running in ae1e0380455f
LoadError: no such file to load -- bundler
require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987
require at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54

at /usr/share/logstash/lib/pluginmanager/bundler/logstash_injector.rb:3 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 (root) at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:1 at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 at /usr/share/logstash/lib/pluginmanager/pack_installer/local.rb:3 at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:1 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 require at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54 at /usr/share/logstash/lib/pluginmanager/pack_installer/remote.rb:2 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 (root) at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:1 at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 at /usr/share/logstash/lib/pluginmanager/pack_fetch_strategy/repository.rb:5 at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:1 require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:987 require at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54 at /usr/share/logstash/lib/pluginmanager/install_strategy_factory.rb:4

If you want to install the plugin directly:

./usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jmx
Validating logstash-input-jmx
Installing logstash-input-jmx
Installation successful

I do not understand where is the problem apart where you miss your plugin name to install.

This results in a certificate validation failed error.

Is your logstash behind a reverse proxy?

It's a build server in a data center in New York, and I need client secured with Okta to get to it, plus there are environment variables called http_proxy and https_proxy, so I'm guessing that it is behind some sort of proxy. I'm able to access the internet without issue though, for example maven dependencies and all of the docker containers from the hub come through without additional configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Have a look on this post:

it might help you with what you are trying to accomplish.
Cheers!

I'm sorry this did not work, or I did not understand it.

Ok.
If you have access to any Logstash that is not limited by proxy or anything, you could install your plugin on that logstash instance and than extract the plugin for offline installation on your machine.

#Install the plugin
bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jmx

#create the plugin pack for offline extract
bin/logstash-plugin prepare-offline-pack --output /tmp/logstash-input-jmx.zip logstash-input-jmx

#install it on your machine behind proxy
/usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install file: ///tmp/logstash-input-jmx.zip

Tested on my servers and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.