Logstash jdbc-input taking long time to load data from Oracle DataBase

@amitgupta

They were just thoughts / suggestions...I meant to just try 7.9 to see if there was a difference... or same result. When I have issues, I look at every piece.

Does your company have a subscription? If so you can file a support ticket.

Apologies, at this point I am at a bit of a loss.... I even looked to see if there were other open github issues similar and did not find any.

Hi,

As some others I migrated data from Oracle to ELK at a much higher rate.
At this point you need to identify where your bottle-neck is (obvious to say, I know).

As a plan, I would recommend - if not done yet - to:
1/ Test your SQL query on your Oracle DB. How long does it take to be executed? If you spool the result on the local Oracle server, again, how long does it take? How big is the data set?
2/ Test your network. Try to scp a big file from the Oracle server to the ELK machine. What bandwidth rate do you get? Install SQL*Net on your laptop and run your extract query from the laptop. Do you see a huge performance difference?
3/ Monitor the IO. On Linux iostat gives some good figures. Would you have an equivalent to that on your laptop?

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.