Logstash kafka-input-plugin problem

Hi all,

i have a problem with kafka-input, my kafka version is 0.9.0.1 (cloudera distribution), and they need zk_connect string to connect to the brokers, but in new version zk_connect changed to bootstrap_servers.

and now when i try to start logstash it try to connect to kafka broker "[org.apache.kafka.common.utils.AppInfoParser] Kafka version : 0.10.0.1"

Exception in thread "Ruby-0-Thread-27: /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-kafka-5.1.0/lib/logstash/inputs/kafka.rb:225" Exception in thread "Ruby-0-Thread-12: /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-kafka-5.1.0/lib/logstash/inputs/kafka.rb:225" org.apache.kafka.common.protocol.types.SchemaException: Error reading field 'brokers': Error reading field 'host': Error reading string of length 28281, only 1810 bytes available

i try to install old versions of logstash-input-kafka, but it didn't help.

can you please provide the solution of this situation, because i can't change kafka version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.