Logstash keeps on going down

Hi All,

I have done the setup in my system by using docker image and able to pull the logs from my respective folder for the first time but later on logstash keeps shutting down automatically.

Even i forcefully start also its going down and giving the error like "Expected #,input,filter,output Line number 41 column 1 943 bytes". I am not getting what this means. Even i cross checked my conf file which i created at the time configuration but still same issue.

Please help me to fix this.

Regards
Raja

Logstash thinks your configuration file is invalid. The problem should appear somewhere near line 41. If you post the configuration here we might be able to help you.

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your reply. I have 2 configuration files please find below. For your information i dont have many lines return in my configuration file.

input
{
file { path => "/etc/logstash/conf.d/Gateway_log.log"}
}

filter
{
grok {
match =>"message" => "%{COMBINEDAPACHELOG}"
}
}
output
{
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
}
stdout {
codec => rubydebug
}
}

Regards
Raja

Hi Magnus,

Issue got fixed now.

Reason: I have placed my log files in configuration directory so when i start logstash it was reading log file as config and throwing the error always Error reading input,output and filter.

Now i moved the log files to some other directory then logstash was stable and i am able to see the new logs in kibana.

Regards
Raja

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.