Logstash-keystore create generates errors and directory "${sys:ls.log.format}"

We have requirements from Security to secure our Elasticstack. On Logstash, I ran into errors creating the keystore. When I execute the following command(s) it results in the errors shown.

/usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-keystore --path.settings /etc/logstash create

2018-08-13 15:31:54, 583 main ERROR Unable to locate appender "${sys:ls.log.format}_console" for logger config "root"
2018-08-13 15:31:54, 584 main ERROR Unable to locate appender "${sys:ls.log.format}_rolling" for logger config "root"
2018-08-13 15:31:54, 584 main ERROR Unable to locate appender "${sys:ls.log.format}_rolling_slowlog" for logger config "slowlog"
2018-08-13 15:31:54, 584 main ERROR Unable to locate appender "${sys:ls.log.format}_console_slowlog" for logger config "slowlog"

In /etc/logstash a directory with empty files are create in a directory named "${sys:ls.log.format}".

I installed logstash v6.3.2 via rpm on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3.

Jeff

1 Like

Certainly in the past I have seen that when running logstash from the path.settings directory. Does it happen if you cd to another directory?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip; running the command while in the /tmp worked.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.