Logstash KV Filter Help

I am working on a project and I have setup a chatbot that connects to Twitch chat channels.

I am trying to parse chat messages and having some issues related to a KV filter.

An example log looks like this:
@badge-info=<BADGE>/<LEVEL>;badges=<BADGE>/<LEVEL>,<BADGE>/<LEVEL>,<BADGE>/<LEVEL>;client-nonce=<DATA>;color=#<DATA>;display-name=<DATA>;emotes=<DATA>;flags=<DATA>;id=<DATA>;mod=<DATA>;room-id=<DATA>;subscriber=<DATA>;tmi-sent-ts=<DATA>;turbo=<DATA>;user-id=<DATA>;user-type=<DATA> :<DATA>!<DATA>@<DATA>.tmi.twitch.tv <DATA> #<DATA> :<GREEDYDATA>

The problem I am running into is the final KV pair which is:
user-type=<DATA> :

That final key/value pair is hardly populated and what ends up happening is I get randomness parsed into it's place:

• channel_kv.user-type => :cool_beans!cool_beans@cool_beans.tmi.twitch.tv
  • channel_kv.user-type => :tmi.twitch.tv
  • channel_kv.user-type => :bonj__!bonj__@bonj__.tmi.twitch.tv

A correct parse, where the field does exist, looks like this:

@badge-info=subscriber/37;badges=moderator/1,subscriber/36,partner/1;color=#5B99FF;display-name=StreamElements;emotes=;flags=84-107:;id=ce777d2c-4d39-4125-978f-56a4f793e892;mod=1;room-id=37402112;subscriber=1;tmi-sent-ts=1598219388089;turbo=0;user-id=100135110;user-type=mod :streamelements!streamelements@streamelements.tmi.twitch.tv PRIVMSG #shroud :<GREEDYDATA>

• channel_kv.user-type => mod

I am not sure how to overcome this hurdle and need some guidance.

Thanks all!

No one?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.