Logstash Memory Requirements and JVM Sizing

Hello

I am getting approx 5000 events per second and a lot of Grok, KV, DNS filters are being used.
My current memory is 16 GB, 8 Core thread per core is 2.
I have set JVM size to 8GB.
But My JVM is getting full and Logstash is getting shut down and many events are getting dropped.

Please advice me

Stay Safe and Search!

Regards

Can Someone from elastic guide me Please

Regards

@Christian_Dahlqvist

Can You Please help me
I am stuck at this

Regards

This forum is manned by volunteers. There is therefore no guaranteed SLAs and nor guarantee you will get an answer. Please do not ping people who are not already involved in the thread. If you have not received any response after 2-3 days (excluding weekends) I would recommend you bump the issue, but please give people time to respond.

I do not have an answer to this question, so will leave it for others. It would probably help if you provided as much information as possible though, e.g. version used, settings and information about the pipeline(s)/configuration used.

@Christian_Dahlqvist I apologize for this behaviour
I am using 7.3 version of Logstash
I am having 3 Pipelines and I am receiving data from firewalls and Applications on UDP Port
I am receiving data on UDP Port for the firewalls and It is dropping the Packets

I am having 16 GB Memory 14 GB JVM
This is my input file Config
udp {
port => 5600
queue_size => 163840
workers => 8
codec => multiline {
pattern => "^\s"
what => "next"
}
type => "udp"
}

Given that UDP does not guarantee ordering nor delivery I do not think it makes any sense to have a multiline filter in place.

There have been some threads on tuning UDP performance in Logstash in the forum, e.g. this one and this one, so I would recommend reviewing these.

Not Successful

These are the Logs which i am getting
[2020-04-09T12:16:48,652][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:id=>:globalfilter, :action_type=>LogStash::ConvergeResult::FailedAction, :message=>"Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/config/mixin.rb:87:in `config_init'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:126:in `initialize'", "org/logstash/plugins/PluginFactoryExt.java:81:in `filter_delegator'", "org/logstash/plugins/PluginFactoryExt.java:251:in `plugin'", "org/logstash/execution/JavaBasePipelineExt.java:50:in `initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/reload.rb:37:in `execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:325:in `block in converge_state'"]}
[2020-04-09T12:40:04,281][ERROR][org.logstash.execution.ShutdownWatcherExt] The shutdown process appears to be stalled due to busy or blocked plugins. Check the logs for more information.
[2020-04-09T13:33:37,090][ERROR][org.logstash.execution.ShutdownWatcherExt] The shutdown process appears to be stalled due to busy or blocked plugins. Check the logs for more information.
[2020-04-09T13:33:55,346][ERROR][logstash.inputs.udp ] UDP listener died {:exception=>#<IOError: closed stream>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:294:in `recvfrom_nonblock'", "org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:286:in `recvfrom_nonblock'", "org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:269:in `recvfrom_nonblock'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-input-udp-3.3.4/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:125:in `block in udp_listener'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-input-udp-3.3.4/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:123:in `udp_listener'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-input-udp-3.3.4/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:68:in `run'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:309:in `inputworker'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:302:in `block in start_input'"]}
[2020-04-09T14:49:32,340][ERROR][org.logstash.execution.ShutdownWatcherExt] The shutdown process appears to be stalled due to busy or blocked plugins. Check the logs for more information.

If you rely on lines being processed in order so you can assemble them into complete messages you should use TCP, not UDP.

Hello @Christian_Dahlqvist,

I have increased the JVM of the machine

It is Consuming the Full JVM .
currently I am having the 48 GB and 16 core machine

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.