Logstash Not processing file in a folder simaltaneously

Hello All,

Logstash is not processing all files in a folder simultaneously/parallelly. It is processing one after the other.

I am using one configuration file.

Example:

input {
file {
path => "/inputfiles/record*.txt"
start_position => "beginning"
close_older => 1
}
}

inputfiles folder has three files
record1,record2,record3.

I have used sysout to see how it is indexing and picking file. it is processing one file after other file.

For example 3 million records it took 30 minutes. Even when i placed three files with three million records in a folder it took around 90 minutes. Of course that is because it processes one after the other.

Thanks

The docs say this:

In some cases it is useful to be able to control which files are read first, sorting, and whether files are read completely or banded/striped. Complete reading is all of file A then file B then file C and so on. Banded or striped reading is some of file A then file B then file C and so on looping around to file A again until all files are read. Banded reading is specified by changing file_chunk_count and perhaps file_chunk_size . Banding and sorting may be useful if you want some events from all files to appear in Kibana as early as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.