Logstash not receiving messages

Hello,

I am trying to get the ELK up and running on docker. I have succesfully integrated the three services and they do in fact communicate with each other. My problem arises when I am trying to send messages to logstash over udp/tcp connection. I tried different input plugins including the udp, tcp and syslog plugins. In none of the cases or the tried configuration messages were actually being received. I checked and logstash is in fact listening to the requested ports. The application is also sending the packets to the right ip:port. However, no input is to be seen.

Does anybody have an idea what in the communication might possibly be going wrong?

Example.conf that I used:
input {
syslog {
port => "14544"
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["elasticsearch:9200"]
}
stdout {
codec => rubydebug
}
}

docker-compose
logstash:
image: logstash:2.4.0
ports:
- "5044:5044"
- "14544:14544"
- "14544:14544/udp"
links:
- elasticsearch
depends_on:
- elasticsearch

It's not clear to me if your "ports" map actually publishes the ports on the host; the documentation (https://docs.docker.com/compose/compose-file/#ports) isn't quite clear. Try using the long syntax described in the docs to really make sure the ports are published.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.