Logstash OSS 7.16.3 and Elasticsearch OSS 7.10.2

Hi Team ,

I am getting the below error when using Elasticsearch output plugin in logstash OSS 7.16.3

[2021-04-16T05:31:15,846][ERROR][logstash.javapipeline ] Pipeline error {:pipeline_id=>"main", :exception=>#<LogStash::ConfigurationError: Could not connect to a compatible version of Elasticsearch>, :backtrace=>["/opt/crs/logstash-7.16.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-output-Elasticsearch-11.2.3-java/lib/logstash/outputs/Elasticsearch/http_client/pool.rb:247:in block in healthcheck!'", "org/jruby/RubyHash.java:1415:in each'"

From the support matrix i could see the ES 7.10.2 is compatible with logstash 6.8.x-7.16.x.

Is this a compatibility issue ?

Kindly let me know if OSS Elasticsearch 7.10.2 is compatible with OSS Logstash 7.16.3

You might want to ask that in the OSS forums.

The support matrix is based in the Elastic distribution of Elasticsearch, which uses the Elastic license, so Elasticsearch 7.10.2 using the Elastic License is compatible with Logstash 7.16.3, the free basic license works as well.

The OSS distribution of Elasticsearch 7.10.2, which is the last one, is not compatible with later versions of Logstash as those later versions will check for the license endpoint when using the elasticsearch output.

It is confusing, but for what I understand it seems that even though there is a OSS distribution of Logstash 7.16.3, the output plugin for elasticsearch expects to talk to a Licensed distribution since there is no more a equivalente Elasticsearch OSS distribution.

To solve this you need to use the OSS distribution of Logstash 7.10.2 or see if another output plugin can help you, like the one developed for Opensearch, the Amazon fork of Elasticsearch, which you need to check with the Opensearch community.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.