Logstash output plugins and self signed certificates?

Hi,

I want to use the Redmine output plugin but I'm running into a small problem. Our Redmine uses a self signed certificate and when I enable ssl => true in the output I get the following error which i assume is because the cert is not accepted?

WARN ][logstash.outputs.redmine ] Skipping redmine output; error during request post {"error"=>#<OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: handshake alert: unrecognized_name>, "missed_event"=>#<LogStash::Event:0x222ac>}

The plugin itself doesn't have any options besides ssl true/false and the official docs don't have any mention of what to do in case of self signed certificates either.

Is allowing self signed certificates something you have to set up inside Logstash itself instead of the .conf? If so, where can I find how to do this? I couldn't find anything on the docs page.

The output disables certificate verification, so self-signed certificates should be OK. However, you might want to read through this.

Thanks for the tip @Badger. Adding -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false to jvm.options solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.