Logstash Polling Loop Error

Hi,

I am trying to get started with the ELK stack but have run into an issue that is blocking me.

I am using the ELK docker stack "sebp/elk" (latest)
It starts up fine and then I use "goinside" to access the machine to try and insert my data.

/opt/logstash/bin/logstash --version
logstash 6.3.2

I have successfully inserted some test data from the STDIN.

I then try and import some data from CSV.

My logstash.config file:

input {
	file {
		path => "/var/mydata/pim_products-basic-100.csv"
		start_position => "beginning"
		sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
	}
}
filter {
	csv {
		separator => ","
		columns => ["id","model_id","model","part_id","part","color_id","color","gender_id","gender","category_id","category","type_id","type","productline_id","productline","pillar_id","pillar","theme_id","theme","marketsegment_id","marketsegment","material_id","material","buyingsession_id","buyingsession","permanent","season_id","cites","ecommerce_height","ecommerce_length","ecommerce_depth","ecommerce_heel_height","ecommerce_strap_drop_length","ecommerce_belt_rise_length","dwh_translations","ecommerce_translations","enrichment_translations","enrichment_translations_count","ecommerce_images","ecommerce_images_count","enrichment_images","enrichment_images_count","enrichment_created_at","enrichment_created_by","enrichment_updated_at","enrichment_updated_by","dwh_created_at","dwh_updated_at","collection_id","collection","launch_date","f4_ecommerce_images","f4_ecommerce_images_count","f4_campaign_images","f4_campaign_images_count","available_in_heaven"]
	}
}
output {
	elasticsearch {
		hosts => "localhost"
		index => "products"
	}
	stdout {}
}

My docker-compose.yml

elk:
  image: sebp/elk
  ports:
  - "5601:5601"
  - "9200:9200"
  - "5044:5044"

volumes:
  - /Users/dave/Desktop/logstash-data:/var/mydata

root@d5e39cbd53a8:/var# /opt/logstash/bin/logstash --path.data /var/mydata --debug --log.level debug -f /var/mydata/logstash.config

The process seem to start up fine but then I get a repeating loop

[2018-08-27T13:50:51,049][DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.jvm] collector name {:name=>"ParNew"}
[2018-08-27T13:50:51,050][DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.jvm] collector name {:name=>"ConcurrentMarkSweep"}
[2018-08-27T13:50:51,221][DEBUG][logstash.inputs.file ] _globbed_files: /var/mydata/pim_products-basic-100.csv: glob is: []
[2018-08-27T13:50:51,917][DEBUG][logstash.pipeline ] Pushing flush onto pipeline {:pipeline_id=>"main", :thread=>"#<Thread:0x6384d4dc sleep>"}
[2018-08-27T13:50:55,866][DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.cgroup] Error, cannot retrieve cgroups information {:exception=>"Errno::ENOENT", :message=>"No such file or directory - /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct/docker/d5e39cbd53a86d80091f32508361e58ff0af00894a75976a79c4076627a30230/cpuacct.usage"}

I have tried rebuilding the stack images, restarting, rebooting :slight_smile:
But have no idea what it might be.

(Am on a Mac)

Any pointers would be fantastic.
Thanks

Hi,

I think you are seeing this error. However, that's only a warning and shouldn't be preventing Logstash from working. Is it possible that the data is getting through despite the message? If not, is there another error message somewhere that looks suspicious?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.