Logstash reads log file one step behind

Hi, I've been trying to create index on json log file that are generated by Log4j2 and viewed by Kibana. Everything is working fine except LogStash skips last object on the log file, next time when a log file is changed it gets that object but skips newly added object(new "last" one) to the file.

Here is my conf file:

[code]
input {
file {
codec => multiline
{
pattern => '^{'

negate => true
        what => previous                
    }
	path => "C:/logs/webapp-errors.log"
	#codec => json
	start_position => "beginning"
	sincedb_path => "D:/Development/logstash-2.2.0/logstash-2.2.0/dbfile/null"
}

}
filter
{
json { source => message }
}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
codec => "json"
}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}[/code]

and the log file looks like:

{
  "timeMillis" : 1456950611518,
  "thread" : "http-nio-8080-exec-14",
  "level" : "WARN",
  "loggerName" : "org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter",
  "message" : "SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 42601",
  "endOfBatch" : false,
  "loggerFqcn" : "org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLogger"
}
{
  "timeMillis" : 1456950611519,
  "thread" : "http-nio-8080-exec-14",
  "level" : "ERROR",
  "loggerName" : "org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter",
  "message" : "ERROR: syntax error at or near \")\"\n  Position: 7055",
  "endOfBatch" : false,
  "loggerFqcn" : "org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLogger"
}

I haven't tried to pick timeMIllis as @timeStamp since LogStash reading it run-time and gets current timestamp. When I check timeMillis to convert datetime, I realized it's in UTC. Does it might be the cause?

Thanks

Which version of Logstash is this? IIRC this problem has been fixed. You might want to check the GitHub issues (open as well as closed): Issues · logstash-plugins/logstash-codec-multiline · GitHub

I haven't tried to pick timeMIllis as @timeStamp since LogStash reading it run-time and gets current timestamp. When I check timeMillis to convert datetime, I realized it's in UTC. Does it might be the cause?

Cause of what, that the last object in the file goes missing? No, that has nothing to do with timeMillis (which indeed is UTC).

Thank you Magnus, sorry about the noise. I've just realized it was because of my filter in the Kibana. I've tried to delete the post but seems like it's not acceptable. Could you delete that post for me? Thanks

Sorry, I can't delete other people's posts.