Logstash server running Salesforce-plugin

Hello,
I have a logstash server specifically to run salesforce-plugin to update a pipeline. Everything "works" good except for the fact that recently found out that the logstash service on this server restarts every 12-20 minutes on avg.
I have not been able to found any error on the logs or any misconfiguration, for some reason I found out this service was restarting.
I was wonder if the salesforce-plugin for some reason restart this service at a certain point due to some parameter I am not aware of or this is a problem I have to solve with logstash? any help will very much appreciate it.

Hi, Your using logstash-7.6.1? your salesforce plugin installed and able to start the conf successfully?I am having issue in starting plugin

Please try to enable the debug logs on Logstash and observe if it occurs again.

We might capture additional information.

@Luca_Belluccini .
Here is the error message while starting the salesforce plugin

/logstash --path.settings /etc/logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/demo-metrics-pipeline.conf
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.headius.backport9.modules.Modules (file:/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/jars/jruby-complete-9.2.9.0.jar) to method sun.nio.ch.NativeThread.signal(long)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.headius.backport9.modules.Modules
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Sending Logstash logs to /var/log/logstash which is now configured via log4j2.properties
[2020-05-05T10:48:01,210][WARN ][logstash.config.source.multilocal] Ignoring the 'pipelines.yml' file because modules or command line options are specified
[2020-05-05T10:48:01,322][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"7.6.2"}
[2020-05-05T10:48:03,457][INFO ][org.reflections.Reflections] Reflections took 43 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 20 keys and 40 values
[2020-05-05T10:48:03,585][ERROR][logstash.plugins.registry] Tried to load a plugin's code, but failed. {:exception=>#<LoadError: no such file to load -- logstash/inputs/salesforce>, :path=>"logstash/inputs/salesforce", :type=>"input", :name=>"salesforce"}
[2020-05-05T10:48:03,601][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable to configure plugins: (PluginLoadingError) Couldn't find any input plugin named 'salesforce'. Are you sure this is correct? Trying to load the salesforce input plugin resulted in this error: no such file to load -- logstash/inputs/salesforce", :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline.(CompiledPipeline.java:103)", "org.logstash.execution.JavaBasePipelineExt.initialize(JavaBasePipelineExt.java:60)", "org.logstash.execution.JavaBasePipelineExt$INVOKER$i$1$0$initialize.call(JavaBasePipelineExt$INVOKER$i$1$0$initialize.gen)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.JavaMethod$JavaMethodN.call(JavaMethod.java:837)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuper(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1169)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuperSplatArgs(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1156)", "org.jruby.ir.targets.InstanceSuperInvokeSite.invoke(InstanceSuperInvokeSite.java:39)", "usr.share.logstash.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.java_pipeline.RUBY$method$initialize$0(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:27)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.CompiledIRMethod.call(CompiledIRMethod.java:84)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:70)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:332)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:86)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.newInstance(RubyClass.java:915)", "org.jruby.RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.call(RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.gen)", "org.jruby.ir.targets.InvokeSite.invoke(InvokeSite.java:183)", "usr.share.logstash.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.pipeline_action.create.RUBY$method$execute$0(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:36)", "usr.share.logstash.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.pipeline_action.create.RUBY$method$execute$0$VARARGS(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.CompiledIRMethod.call(CompiledIRMethod.java:84)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:70)", "org.jruby.ir.targets.InvokeSite.invoke(InvokeSite.java:183)", "usr.share.logstash.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.agent.RUBY$block$converge_state$2(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:326)", "org.jruby.runtime.CompiledIRBlockBody.callDirect(CompiledIRBlockBody.java:136)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:77)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:71)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:125)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:274)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:105)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)"]}
warning: thread "Converge PipelineAction::Create" terminated with exception (report_on_exception is true):
LogStash::Error: Don't know how to handle Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException for PipelineAction::Create<main>
create at org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:109
add at org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:37
converge_state at /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:339
[2020-05-05T10:48:03,617][ERROR][logstash.agent ] An exception happened when converging configuration {:exception=>LogStash::Error, :message=>"Don't know how to handle Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException for PipelineAction::Create<main>", :backtrace=>["org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:109:in create'", "org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:37:in add'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:339:in block in converge_state'"]} [2020-05-05T10:48:03,687][FATAL][logstash.runner ] An unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<LogStash::Error: Don't know how to handle Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateExceptionforPipelineAction::Create>, :backtrace=>["org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:109:in create'", "org/logstash/execution/ConvergeResultExt.java:37:in add'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:339:in block in converge_state'"]}
[2020-05-05T10:48:03,713][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit

There seems to be a known issue at https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-salesforce/issues/21

I'll try to take a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.