Logstash startup error in docker container

Hello,
I'm trying to run ELK for the first time inside a docker-container using the image sebp/elk and it seems to be failing to start with a clean installation on logstash in particular.

These are the startup logs:
elk | ==> /var/log/logstash/logstash-plain.log <==
elk | [2020-02-22T10:04:10,425][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"7.6.0"}
elk | [2020-02-22T10:04:12,709][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of [ \t\r\n], "#", "input", "filter", "output" at line 1, column 1 (byte 1)", :backtrace=>["/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:47:in compile_imperative'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:55:in compile_graph'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:17:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2580:in map'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:14:in compile_sources'", "org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:161:in initialize'", "org/logstash/execution/JavaBasePipelineExt.java:47:in initialize'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:27:in initialize'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:36:in execute'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:326:in block in converge_state'"]}
elk | [2020-02-22T10:04:12,987][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}
elk | [2020-02-22T10:04:18,045][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Logstash shut down.

Any idea what am I missing?

Solved my own problem, for anyone interested it was because the configuration file was saved as UTF-8 with BOM

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.