Logstash startup issue

we are having issue in starting up logstash stating Couldn't find any filter plugin 'grok'..Please find the error logs below.
[2018-04-18T13:06:32,281][ERROR][logstash.plugins.registry] Tried to load a plugin's code, but failed. {:exception=>#<LoadError: no such file to load -- logstash/filters/Grok>, :path=>"logstash/filters/Grok", :type=>"filter", :name=>"Grok"}
[2018-04-18T13:06:32,287][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::PluginLoadingError", :message=>"Couldn't find any filter plugin named 'Grok'. Are you sure this is correct? Trying to load the Grok filter plugin resulted in this error: no such file to load -- logstash/filters/Grok", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/registry.rb:192:in lookup_pipeline_plugin'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugin.rb:140:inlookup'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/plugins/plugin_factory.rb:81:in plugin'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:112:inplugin'", "(eval):636:in <eval>'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:994:ineval'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:84:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:169:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:in execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:315:inblock in converge_state'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:141:in with_pipelines'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:312:inblock in converge_state'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1734:in each'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:299:inconverge_state'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:166:in block in converge_state_and_update'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:141:inwith_pipelines'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:164:in converge_state_and_update'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:90:inexecute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:348:in block in execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/stud-0.0.23/lib/stud/task.rb:24:inblock in initialize'"]}

Can you please help me in resolving this error

Logstash plugin names are case-sensitive. Does your pipeline configuration reference Grok? The correct form is grok.

1 Like

how can i check the pipeline configuration ? is it the one available under /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf file filter section?

or i have to refer to any plugin directory?

The pipeline configuration is the file in which you define your pipeline, with inputs, filters, and outputs.

ok got it.this is the place /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf where i have defined inputs, filters and output block.

I will try to check in this file,But incase if i have used only lower case grok pattern here, then what could be the issue ?any idea?

Please paste your pipeline configuration if you are able.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.