Logstash Stopping Pipeline

Hi Guys ,

two days ago one of my logstash servers crash with Logstash service.
the error recieved is :message=>"stopping pipeline", :id=>"main"

The configuration file is the following:

input {
    udp {
      port => 9933
        codec => netflow {
        versions => [9]
      }
    }
}

filter {

if [host] == "xxxxxx" {
  grok {
    match => { "host" => "xxxxxxxxx" }
  }

geoip {
 add_tag => [ "geoip" ]
 database => "/opt/logstash/vendor/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat" ### Change me to location of GeoLiteCity.dat file
 source => "ipv4_dst_addr"
 }

if [geoip][city_name] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][city_name]" } }
 if [geoip][continent_code] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][continent_code]" } }
 if [geoip][country_code2] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][country_code2]" } }
 if [geoip][country_code3] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][country_code3]" } }
 if [geoip][country_name] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][country_name]" } }
 if [geoip][latitude] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][latitude]" } }
 if [geoip][longitude] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][longitude]" } }
 if [geoip][postal_code] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][postal_code]" } }
 if [geoip][region_name] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][region_name]" } }
 if [geoip][time_zone] == "" { mutate { remove_field => "[geoip][time_zone]" } }

}
}

output {
 if [host] == "xxxxxxxx" {
   stdout { codec => rubydebug }
   elasticsearch {
         manage_template => false
        index => "xxxxxxxa%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
        hosts => "xxxxxxxxxxl:9200"
}
   }
}

I detected that if i take out Filter section in this conf logstash work ok. for that reason I checked the plugins installed and i saw that " grok " & " geoip " are installed.

I`m not a programmer, I googled the error but i not saw nothing about this specific plugins/filters.

Can someone help me with this ??

Thanks in advance.

DId you figure this out? Having the same issue. Thanks.

Any eror logs available? Could you provide the message format to grok and regular expression used in grok?

Hi Tim, good morning.

Yes I did figure out this issue.
In this particular case I found more logs about plugin erros, like grok, mutate, among others, all errors related about incompatibilities. So, I updated some plugins using rubygems.org. was difficult for me because I didn't know how to update the gems and never work with ruby. But after some shoots logstash came back from the dead.

Great. My logstash install somehow was missing a config folder and I finally figured it out. Like you, these tools are new to me so it was a process for sure. Best of luck. TIm

I'm glad to know that you can resolve the issue Tim.
If i can help you with something more, please let me know. :slight_smile: