sniffing => true
      manage_template => false
      index => "sensu-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
      document_type => "sensu"
    }
  }
}

Configtest complains with the following:

Error: Expected one of #, (, !, ", ', -, [, / at line 59, column 13 (byte 1306) after output {
  if [@metadata][beat] {
    elasticsearch {
      hosts => ["server"]
      sniffing => true
      manage_template => false
      index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
      document_type => "%{[@metadata][type]}"
    }
  } else if  {:level=>:error}

What's wrong with it?
Thanks
Regards

Your else if is missing a condition; there must be a logical expression after if.

Ok, and what happens if I split the output configuration to include only the sensu stuff? Can I do that? if I've got a file named 30-output.conf, should I named it 31-output-sensu.conf for example? is that order or naming convention important?

Thanks
Regards

Ok, and what happens if I split the output configuration to include only the sensu stuff? Can I do that?

I'm not sure what you mean.

if I've got a file named 30-output.conf, should I named it 31-output-sensu.conf for example? is that order or naming convention important?

No, not for outputs. All events are sent to all outputs unless put under a condition.

Hi

What I mean is to have an output config file for every condition instead of having a big one output.conf file which holds all condition.. let say , one file name for example 30-output-sensu.conf 31-output-beat.conf 32-output-other-stuff.conf

One config file for document_type => "sensu" another for document_type => "beat" another for document_type => "syslog-or-whatever-I-want"

Thank you very much for your time and support
Regards

You can certainly do as you describe if your prefer. Logstash doesn't care if you split your output blocks or keep them in a single file.

Thank you very much Magnus, very kind of you.
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.