Logstash Through DMZ

Hello,

I am new to this community and might have a newbie question. I built an ELK server that lives on the internal network, filebeats is working fine on the client servers who live internally. but I cant get it to work on our server that lives in the DMZ, which is the server I really want to monitor. I understand the connection cant be established unless I open a port, or setup a reverse proxy. This is my first time working for a large organization, and I did not take into account the networking team would be against making any networking changes like this.

So my question is, is there a way to get the Logstash server to establish the connection to server that lives in the DMZ? So instead of having Filebeats talk to the logstash server, configure it the other way around? Or can I get Filebeats to pull logs from a server its not installed on? Or should I use something like SNMP?

Thank you,

The only way I can think of to do that would be if you have a LS or beats instance on the DMZ'd server that pushed into redis, then used your internal LS instance to connect to that redis instance.