Logstash throwing _globbed_files error while reading a file

Hi,

I am trying to parse file in a directory(Linux) under /opt/*. I am giving the exact file name and it's throwing an error

_globbed_files: /opt/my_file_2017-07-21_03-10-46_agg_19303.out: glob is: ["/opt/my_file_2017-07-21_03-10-46_agg_19303.out"] {:level=>:debug, :file=>"filewatch/watch.rb", :line=>"346", :method=>"_globbed_files"}

/opt directory has read, write, execute permissions. Can someone please explain what the problem is?

Thanks

This isn't an error message, it's a diagnostic message that you asked for by enabling debug-level logging.

Hi Magnus,

But it didn't pick any of the files(deleted sincedb file). After some time without any change it parsed all the files. Can you please say why it's behaving that way? I am using Logstash 2.4.0 and Java 1.7 on redhat distribution.

Thanks

I don't know why it's behaving like that, but even with greater knowledge of the file input's behavior it would take more details and probably logs to explain it.

Will capture the logs if it happens again. Can you please explain how sincedb works when there are lot of input files and a single sincedb file. I assume sincedb logs multiple entries for all the files.

Yes, one entry per file and one file per file input (or is it filename pattern?).

I didn't get it

The file input supports multiple filename pattern (i.e. the path option can point to an array of patterns). I don't remember if it's one sincedb file per file input or one per pattern in the path option. It's probably one sincedb file per file input.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.