Logstash throwing _globbed_files error while reading a file

(rajesh) #1

Hi,

I am trying to parse file in a directory(Linux) under /opt/*. I am giving the exact file name and it's throwing an error

_globbed_files: /opt/my_file_2017-07-21_03-10-46_agg_19303.out: glob is: ["/opt/my_file_2017-07-21_03-10-46_agg_19303.out"] {:level=>:debug, :file=>"filewatch/watch.rb", :line=>"346", :method=>"_globbed_files"}

/opt directory has read, write, execute permissions. Can someone please explain what the problem is?

Thanks

(Magnus Bäck) #2

This isn't an error message, it's a diagnostic message that you asked for by enabling debug-level logging.

(rajesh) #3

Hi Magnus,

But it didn't pick any of the files(deleted sincedb file). After some time without any change it parsed all the files. Can you please say why it's behaving that way? I am using Logstash 2.4.0 and Java 1.7 on redhat distribution.

Thanks

(Magnus Bäck) #4

I don't know why it's behaving like that, but even with greater knowledge of the file input's behavior it would take more details and probably logs to explain it.

(rajesh) #5

Will capture the logs if it happens again. Can you please explain how sincedb works when there are lot of input files and a single sincedb file. I assume sincedb logs multiple entries for all the files.

(Magnus Bäck) #6

Yes, one entry per file and one file per file input (or is it filename pattern?).

(rajesh) #7

I didn't get it

(Magnus Bäck) #8

The file input supports multiple filename pattern (i.e. the path option can point to an array of patterns). I don't remember if it's one sincedb file per file input or one per pattern in the path option. It's probably one sincedb file per file input.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.