Mapper field type being changed by something

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to new to ELK and i've made a mapper "location" which is a geo_point type so I can pass my lat and long data to it.

This is how I've mapped it

`PUT my_index
{
  "mappings": {
    "location": {
      "properties": {
        "location": {
          "type": "geo_point"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}`

It seems to be taking inputs correctly but I get this weird error(with picture of error message below)

"reason=>{"create"=>{"index"=>"logstash-2016.02.10v8", "type"=>"logs", "__id"=>"AVLOr7VExrrwFF6j5zLP", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"mapper [location] cannot be changed from type [geo_point] to [long]"}}}, :level=>:warn}

It seems like something is trying to change location's type and I have nothing in my configuration file that does that. I'm curious how I can stop this from happening/identify what is attempting to change "mapper [location]"

here is my confg

`filter {
  mutate {
      convert => { "lat" => "float" }
      convert => { "lon" => "float" }
      add_field => { "location" => "%{lat}" }
      add_field => { "location" => "%{lon}" }
      }

geoip {
    source => "geoip.ip"
    add_field => { "geoip_location" => "%{lat}" }
    add_field => { "geoip_location" => "%{lon}" }
  }

grok {
     # match => { "imei" => "%{GREEDYDATA:imei_num}" }
	   match => { "__createdAt" => "%{GREEDYDATA:event_data}" }
     }
}
`

Thanks for any help!!

Please don't post images of text, that is really hard to read, and some people may not even be able to see it at all.

i've added text of the error. I would still appreciate help for fixing this error.

Right, well you cannot change the mapping of a field once it is set. So you need to delete the index, put the mapping, then reindex.

I deleted the index, and made the same mapping and created a new index. I get the same error as before, i'm not trying to change the mapping of this field at all something else is attempting to change it.