Metric Beats installation 408 Error Import File

I am attempting to install the Metric Beats V 7.10.2 (I have also tried 7.11.0 aswell) module against my Elastic Cloud instance.
I have followed the guide for installing:

However I am getting an error message as follows:
ERROR instance/beat.go:956 Exiting: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 408 to import file: . Response: {"statusCode":408,"error":"Request Time-out","message":"Request Time-out"}
Exiting: 1 error: error loading index pattern: returned 408 to import file: . Response: {"statusCode":408,"error":"Request Time-out","message":"Request Time-out"

This message comes after the index setup has finished and is initialising the "Loading dashboards (kibana must be running and reachable)" part of the installation process.

I have populated my cloud and auth ID's correctly. Can anyone shed any light on this message?
Thanks in advance

Are you still getting this error?

Hi, I am still getting this message today when trying to run the command .\metricbeat.exe setup -e.

Do you have any suggestions on what this message could be?

It would appear that the reason i was getting this issue, was down to bandwidth. Once i deployed MetricBeats onto a server with a better connection i was then able to install the service and start it as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.