Metricbeat error Cannot connect to Docker Daemon

Hello,
I have a ES cluster with 4 data nodes and 3 masternodes. I installed metricbeat on datanode 1 and configured the system module. Started metricbeat on this node and everything worked fine with no issues.

Attempted to performed the same action with same exact configuration on the metricbeat.yml
and system.yml files on datanode2 and datanode3 but when tried to start metricbeat on these two servers I got the following error:

May  1 09:27:21 data2 systemd: Starting Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics....
May  1 09:27:24  data2 metricbeat: Exiting: error initializing publisher: error initializing processors: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
May  1 09:27:24 data2 systemd: metricbeat.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May  1 09:27:24 data2 systemd: Unit metricbeat.service entered failed state.
May  1 09:27:24 data2 systemd: metricbeat.service failed.
May  1 09:27:24  data2 systemd: metricbeat.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
May  1 09:27:24 data2 systemd: Started Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics..
May  1 09:27:24 data2 systemd: Starting Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics...

Due to this errors metricbeat does not start.
I do not have anything to do with docker or kubernetes for this cluster configuration, every node is on its own hardware no containers.

I've read in another post related to this same error in this same community, that I have to comment out the lines:

* add_docker_metadata: ~
* add_kubernetes_metadata: ~

in the metricbeat.yml file, just as reference I didn't comment out these lines on the datanode1 where metricbeat is working.
Just to test, I did comment out these two lines in datanode 2 and 3 but no luck, still getting the same errors.

Any ideas?

Hello @eemtzc!

Which version you are running?
Also could you double check that you edited the right configuration file? Since you removed the processors you shouldn't facing this same issue again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.