Metricbeat internal collection not sending data to elasticsearch

I am running a Metricbeat 7.13.2 (first tried with 7.7.1) on Ubuntu 18.04 which is supposed to send monitoring data to Elastic Cloud instance (7.10.0) using the internal collection, but I don't understand where things are going wrong. Here is the config for metricbeat:

path.home: /opt/metricbeat
path.config: /opt/metricbeat
path.data: /var/lib/metricbeat
path.logs: /var/log/metricbeat

metricbeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml
  reload.enabled: false

setup.template:
  name: "metricbeat-7.13.2"
  pattern: "metricbeat-7.13.2-*"
  settings:
    index.number_of_shards: 1
    index.codec: best_compression

cloud:
  id: <REDUCTED>
  auth: <REDUCTED>

logging.level: info
logging.metrics.enabled: true
logging.metrics.period: "30s"
logging.to_files: true
logging.files:
  name: metricbeat.log
  keepfiles: 10
  permissions: 0600

monitoring:
  enabled: true
  cloud.id: <REDUCTED>
  cloud.auth: <REDUCTED>

Metricbeat is running without any issues and I can see the INFO log messages with the stats /var/log/metricbeat/metricbeat.log

2021-06-30T09:26:20.711Z	INFO	[publisher_pipeline_output]	pipeline/output.go:151	Connection to backoff(monitoring(<REDUCTED>)) established
2021-06-30T09:26:40.560Z	INFO	[monitoring]	log/log.go:144	Non-zero metrics in the last 30s	{"monitoring":..........
2021-06-30T09:27:10.560Z INFO	[monitoring]	log/log.go:144	Non-zero metrics in the last 30s	{"monitoring":..........

In the last 24h, it only sent data sporadically and then it stops without any indication in metricbeat logs why that is happening. Restarting metricbeat does not help at all. Here is a sample pic on how this looks like.

NOTE: The weird thing is that I also have a Filebeat instance running on the same host with the exact version and monitoring setup as Metricbeat, but that is working without any issues.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.