Missing Converter handling for full class Error

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Logstash JDBC plugin to sync my Postgres database. For some reason, midway through the data transfer, I get this error:

Exception when executing JDBC query {:exception=>#<Sequel::DatabaseError: Java::OrgLogstash::MissingConverterException: Missing Converter handling for full class name=org.postgresql.util.PGobject, simple name=PGobject>}

I'm not seeing any additional info for what could be happening. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Nick

Hi,
I just encountered this issue, and it seems certain column type in your SQL cannot be well-supported, maybe you can try to simplify columns been "selected" in your SQL first to see which one is not supported.

Regards,
Allen

As @arashilen said, only certain types are supported. If you think about it and work back from the elasticsearch output for example, the output is serialized into JSON and JSON only supports a limited set of types - make sure that the the columns that you are reading are already a compatible type or CAST to a compatible type.

PGobject is a class used to describe unknown types An unknown type is any type that is unknown by JDBC Standards

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.