Monitor eps without sending the data

I'm currently monitoring the log rate with Metricbeat on a Centos system. Now I would like to monitor all emitted log rate without sending all data to Elastic.

For example i have a connector installed which is sending data i want to monitor the data but don't want to send this data to Elastic.

(besides that i'm curious if log rate /s is the same as eps.)

Is this possible?

Anyone?

Hey @tristan1, sorry, I think I am not following you, what log rate are you monitoring with Metricbeat?
And what do you mean by monitoring the data but not sending it to Elasticsearch?

Hi @jsoriano

On the picture, you see the log rate of a system. On the same system I have a connector installed which sends data (not to Elastic). I would like to monitor the log rate of the connector of the same system and see it in the metric dashboard.

What i could do is add the path to the Filebeat and it will monitor the log rate, but the problem is that i need to send this data to Elastic. Therefore, I would like to monitor the data of the connector but not sending it to Elastic.

The other question: I am wondering if log rate as you can see in the picture is the same as event per second.

I hope that this is a more clear explanation.

Oh, I get it better now :slight_smile:

I think this is not possible at the moment, but Kibana 7.7 will include a new feature to add custom metrics to the Metrics UI: [Metrics UI] Custom Metrics for Inventory View by simianhacker · Pull Request #58072 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Yes, this is the number of log events produced per second. This is calculated counting events stored in Elasticsearch, so this won't work for data sent to other stores.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.