Multiple conditions with autodiscover & docker containers

Hi!

I've just set up our ELK stack and I'm struggling with selecting the right containers for the autodiscover setting. I have a application consisting of around 20+ different containers. And around 10 of these containers have interesting logs I'd like to forward to Logstash.

This works;

filebeat.autodiscover:
      providers:
      - type: docker
        templates:
        - condition:
            contains:
              docker.container.image: **SOMETHING**

But, unfortunately, 'SOMETHING' covers a lot of containers. And I wanted to exclude some Docker containers. For example exclude container with the name 'SOMETHING/SOMETHING_ELSE'

I thought (and kinda hoped) this would work.

filebeat.autodiscover:
       providers:
       - type: docker
         templates:
         - condition:
             contains:
               and.not.contains:
                 docker.container.image: **SOMETHING_ELSE**

What is the correct syntax to exclude/include container images? Just being able to include more then 1 containername would be sufficient for now. Like;

contains:
      docker.container.image: **A**, **B**,**C**

Fyi; this is my first post here, I tried to use the right markdown and such, but please do correct me if I missed something :slight_smile:

Kind regards!

Filebeat version 6.4.1

conditions syntax is more 'lisp-style', due to the YAML config file format.

E.g. your condition with 'and.not' must look like:

- condition.and:
  - contains: 
  - not.contains:
      docker.container.image: **SOMETHING_ELSE**

The and operator gets a list of conditionals that must match. It's similar to "ALL".

P.S.: Thank you for taking the time and properly formatting your question on your first try :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, it works!

Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.