Multiple filebeat to one logstash. How to optimize the configuration

I have 10 servers that i have Filebeat installed in. Each server monitors 2 applications, a total of 20 applications.

I have one Logstash server which collects all the above logs and passes it to Elasticsearch after filtering of these logs.

To read one file from one server , I use the below Logstash configuration:

input {
  beats {
    port => 5044
  }
}
filter {
    grok {
match => {"message" =>"\[%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp}\]%{SPACE}\[%{DATA:Severity}\]%{SPACE}\[%{DATA:Plugin}\]%{SPACE}\[%{DATA:Servername}\](?<short_message>(.|\r|\n)*)"}
    }
} 
output {
  elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["<ESserverip>:9200"]
    index => "groklogs"
}
          stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

And this is the filebeat configuration:

paths:
    - D:\ELK 7.1.0\elasticsearch-7.1.0-windows-x86_64\elasticsearch-7.1.0\logs\*.log

output.logstash:
  hosts: ["<logstaship>:5044"]

Can anyone please give me an example of

1. How i should convert the above to receive from multiple applications from multiple servers.
  2. Should i configure multiple ports? How?
  3. How should i use multiple Groks?
  4. How can i optimize it in a single or minimal logstash configuration files?

How will a typical set up look. Please help me.

Why can't you process input from multiple servers and applications with the existing configuration?

@Badger because different application logs are involved in different servers.
I mean, will it work if I write multiple grok statements for collecting from all the logs? How would I differenciate the application details if the logs don't give any?
And can I map all filebeat to reach a single port 5044?
Even if I have more than one path in each server?

You can add tags to each prospector in filebeat, then use conditionals based on the tags to determine which filters to apply.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.