Nested JSON is confusing me

I have the exact same problem in two places and I can't quite figure it out. I think I need an ELI5.
I have a JSON structure coming from a giant hodge-podge of Powershell scripts that are pulling in local computer information.

The two that are evading me, are monitors and Network Adapters. They both stay JSON in Elastic/Kibana without being parsed. The rest of the message is fine. I think it is because they don't have a 'key' name but I suck at this stuff.

Example JSON:

{
      "WindowsCurrentVersion": "6.3",
      "WindowsEditionId": "Enterprise",
      "CsNetworkAdapters": [
        {
          "Description": "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V",
          "ConnectionID": "Ethernet",
          "DHCPEnabled": true,
          "DHCPServer": "10.10.10.10",
          "ConnectionStatus": 2,
          "IPAddresses": [
            "10.10.10.55",
            "fe50::aaaa:aaa:44a:aa9"
          ]
        }
      ],
      "CsNumberOfLogicalProcessors": 4,
      "CsNumberOfProcessors": 1,
      "Monitors": {
        "value": [
          {
            "Vendor": "Lenovo",
            "Model": "T24i-10",
            "Serial": "AB123450"
          },
          {
            "Vendor": "Lenovo",
            "Model": "T24i-10",
            "Serial": "AB123450"
          }
        ],
        "Count": 2
      },
      "LastUser": "CORP.LOCAL\\REALLYBIGABE",
      "PublicIP": "5.5.5.5"
    }

How can I get the Monitors values (up to 4) and Network Interfaces (up to a zillion on Hyper-V and VMware hosts) to parse properly into Types and Subtypes? My early investigations had me put them in a JSON Tree viewer and I can see that the subtypes don't have a name per se (they show up as 0), so I probably need to add that or specify a key.

Anyone much smarter than me have any suggestions? Basically I want to be able to search for Monitor Serial Numbers or IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. I can adjust the source data too, if I knew what to adjust it to.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.