Netflow Module (--setup) Broken

I have been messing with the most basic thing for two days now and cannot get it to function.

I am trying to run bin/logstash --modules netflow --setup and it fails. Without --setup it doesn't crash, but I need it to configure ES and Kibana to make all the dashboards and such. I originally was trying to use the netflow collector on a device and ship the logs directly to an ESaas instance in Amazon AWS. This kept failing out and I thought it might be due to AWS' custom build of that service.

So then I tried docker-elk and it still failed so I just followed the docs and installed ELK on my local ubuntu machine (not containerized) from the elastic repo as the docs show. Even with a clean install with everything running on localhost, running bin/logstash --modules netflow --setup fails with the following logs.

https://gist.github.com/clay584/22d6f5fd689e8223f94bd2a81fadc4db

At this point, I can only assume it is a bug. Has anybody else run into this issue?

You may want to try ElastiFlow...

The Logstash Netflow Module was based on ElastiFlow 1.0.0 and is quite dated now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.