Newb question re: Enterprise Search Using Docker

Ref.: Running Enterprise Search Using Docker | Elastic Enterprise Search Documentation [7.15] | Elastic

Says " Create a docker-compose.yml file replacing the {version} value with the product version you want to use:"

I'm running docker on a synology NAS, so the idea of a simple installation for 'Enterprise Search with Elasticsearch and Kibana in Docker Compose' is ideal.
But, to where do I save the docker-compose.yml file?

Also, may I specify the latest version of ES K & ES?

Is there a step-by-step guide in minute detail for the process?

Yes you can use the latest version.

With respect to running docker on synology NAS, where you would place the yaml files and how it will be executed, I think you are going to look elsewhere for expertise on that Such as Here

I will add that the Elastic Stack / Elasticsearch / Enterprise Search does require some CPU and RAM so I would be curious if you have enough resources on your NAS.

And for basic docker compose commands I would look at the docker documentation Here"

Perhaps someone else will have insight....

Thank you for your quick reply.
My NAS is a Synology ds3617xs with 48Gb RAM.
Will this be OK?

Yes it depends.
It Depends how much depends on much RAM is actually available on the NAS.

If you use the docker compose on this doc page it sets the Elasticsearch and Enteprise Search JVMs to a very small / probably the smallest settings...

- "JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m"

Personally I don't like going smaller than 1GB for the actual Elasticsearch you might need to bump it up.

- "JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1g -Xmx1g"

For the Enterprise Search perhaps 512m is OK...

Give it a try and report back.

As this will be the primary job running on the NAS, it can have most of the 48Gb.
I'm just composing a request for detailed Docker assistance on https://forums.docker.com/.
I'll report back when I have it all running.