No SQL/EF information

APM Agent language and version:
C#, 1.5.1

Hi!

I'm trying to setup APM logging in a .NET Framework 4.8 application.
I'm getting some logging however the SQL and/or EF instrumentation doesn't seem to work.

I have added the elasticapm module in the web.config

<system.webServer>
<modules>
  <remove name="ElasticApmModule"/>
  <add name="ElasticApmModule" type="Elastic.Apm.AspNetFullFramework.ElasticApmModule, Elastic.Apm.AspNetFullFramework" preCondition="managedHandler"/>
</modules>
<handlers>
  <remove name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0"/>
  <remove name="OPTIONSVerbHandler"/>
  <remove name="TRACEVerbHandler"/>
  <add name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" path="*." verb="*" type="System.Web.Handlers.TransferRequestHandler" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0"/>
</handlers>

</system.webServer>

And I have added the EF interceptor

<entityFramework>
<defaultConnectionFactory type="System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.LocalDbConnectionFactory, EntityFramework">
  <parameters>
    <parameter value="mssqllocaldb"/>
  </parameters>
</defaultConnectionFactory>
<providers>
  <provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient" type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer"/>
</providers>
<interceptors>
  <interceptor type="Elastic.Apm.EntityFramework6.Ef6Interceptor, Elastic.Apm.EntityFramework6"/>
</interceptors>

And in global.asax I'm adding the SQL diagnostic subscriber

protected void Application_Start()
    {

GlobalConfiguration.Configure(WebApiConfig.Register);

if (Agent.IsConfigured)
        {
            Agent.Subscribe(new SqlClientDiagnosticSubscriber());
        }
    }

However the spans doesn't contain any SQL information.

Am I missing some configuration?

It seems the EF stuff is getting picked up but the code that uses a SQL Connection with dapper isn't showing up.

E.g.

using (IDbConnection connection = new SqlConnection(_connectionStringInsurance))
            {
                list = connection
                    .Query<ArbetsgivareInfoContract>(
                        @"SELECT distinct Person.Id, Name Namn
                          FROM Person
            }

However, the EF SQL stuff seems to show up twice. So is the entityframework and SQL diagnostics overlapping but yet the SQL diagnostics not working for the dapper code?

Hi @poserdonut,

we haven't tested SqlConnection with dapper, but I think it should not really make a difference, we capture DiagnosticSource or EventListener directly from System.Data.* or Microsoft.Data.* so our SqlClient auto instrumentation described here should work.

I think the easiest way to figure out what's going on would be to take a look at the agent logs. Could you maybe try to collect logs and paste them here? Here is a doc on how to do it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.