Node disconnecting randomly

No, it will be elastic cloud only

Our application development is working on migrating our on Prem elasticsearch to elastic cloud

Which option did you choose?

• Index your data from the original source, which is the simplest method and provides the greatest flexibility for the Elasticsearch version and ingestion method.
  • Reindex from a remote cluster, which rebuilds the index from scratch.
  • Restore from a snapshot, which copies the existing indices.

Also, I think that if you chose the platinum level (or the gold level) for your cloud offer, you can ask the support for help on that migration.

I don't think that you need to change the existing values for net.ipv4.* settings.

I think development chosen this method for migrating data from old ELK cluster to the new one

also when i tried to set the below keep alive settings in old ELK cluster , i was unable to start the Elasticsearch service. Could you please help me on this?

Keep alive settings:
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time = 600
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 60
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes = 20

Error:
ELK_error.PNG

Why do you want to change those settings?
Is that written in the documentation?

I don't see those settings in our docs.
May be it's not an elasticsearch setting but a jvm setting?

These settings are not elasticsearch settings, they are system settings that only apply to Linux systems

Based on the image you shared, you are running elasticsearch on Windows, if you put these settings in your elasticsearch.yml it won't start because the service does not know anything about these settings.

Please help me how we can set this settings in the system

These settings does not exists on Windows, they are Linux only, you would need to look on how to tune the tcp keepalive on Windows.

Anyway, I do not think this is your problem, you need to share what was already asked in this thread, share your full elasticsearch logs to help understand what is happening, share more information about your nodes, are they VMs or Physical? How much memory does each system have? How much memory is configured to be used in the Java HEAP?

It looks that your problem could be related to your infrastructure/network, but it is really hard to troubleshoot it without more information.

I also suggest that you follow what was already said in this thread and use 3 nodes as master-eligible and set the minimum_master_nodes to 2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.