Not able to use profiling on fargate enviroment

I'm using the elastic agent to implement the Universal Profiling feature in our AWS ECS Fargate clusters, but I'm facing strange errors and we got stuck trying to get this working properly, i know this is related to ebpf, do someone have a workaround for this one?
unnamed

Hi @julianep

At the moment it is not possible to use eBPF in the AWS Fargate environment. There is a request with [Fargate] [request]: Provide the ability to use ebpf on fargate instances. · Issue #1027 · aws/containers-roadmap · GitHub to provide the ability to use eBPF on AWS Fargate instances.
As Universal Profiling is building on eBPF, it is currently not possible to use Universal Profiling on AWS Fargate instances.

Hi @Florian_Lehner, thanks for the info, but there is some workaround we can do to start using profiling on fargate? even if we drop some metrics. some is better then nothing

Unfortunately there is no workaround. On AWS Fargate environments eBPF is blocked and so Universal Profiling is not able to operate.

Please [Fargate] [request]: Provide the ability to use ebpf on fargate instances. · Issue #1027 · aws/containers-roadmap · GitHub for updates, when eBPF will be available on AWS Fargate environments.

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.