Not getting any ouput

I'm trying to see the output of an if statement with grok filters. Logstash says it's starting however there is no file ever created in my output. Shouldn't I be seeing something even if there arent any matches?

Test input:
{"message":"<36>Nov 02 15:48:57 LCE: [matched] 1.1.1.1:0 -> 1.1.1.1:0 :: Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/Operational,11/02/2015,15:48:00 PM,Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity,5858,Error,N/A,None,N/A,GVLRESCMA02.shermfin.com,IP:10.36.48.32,5858,Id = {074A806D-1260-000E-6F80-4A076012D101}; ClientMachine = SERVERNAME; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 1964; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - ROOT\STANDARDCIMV2 : ASSOCIATORS OF {MSFT_NetLbfoTeamMember.InstanceID="{DE3CFAF2-9030-431E-8CDC-007673D0C50E}"} WHERE ResultClass=MSFT_NetLbfoTeam; ResultCode = 0x80041008; PossibleCause = Unknown ","@version":"1","@timestamp":"2015-11-02T20:48:57.843Z","type":"LCE","host":"1.1.1.1"}

input {
  file{
	path => "C:\ELK\running\logstash-2.0.0\test\testinputgrok36.txt"
	#type => "LCE"
	}
}
filter {
	grok{
  		match => {"message" => "<%{BASE10NUM:LCE_log_num}>%{SYSLOGTIMESTAMP:LCE_time} %{NOTSPACE}: %{NOTSPACE} %{IP:Source_IP}:%{BASE10NUM:Source_Port} -> %{IP:Destination_IP}:%{BASE10NUM:Destination_Port} ::%{GREEDYDATA:Message_Data}" }
  		add_field => { "sort_num" => "%{LCE_log_num}" }
	}
if [sort_num] == "36" {
	grok{
		match => [ "Message_Data", "%{PROG:Log_Type},%{DATE_US:Event_Date},%{TIME:Event_Time} %{WORD},%{PROG:Log},%{BASE10NUM},%{WORD:Error_id},%{PROG}%{SPACE}%{PROG},%{WORD},%{PROG},%{HOSTNAME},IP:%{IP},%{BASE10NUM}%{GREEDYDATA:Win_Log}" ]
		add_tag => [ "suceeded grok" ]
	}
}
else {
	grok{
		add_tag => "failed grok"
	}
}
}
output {
  file{
    path => "C:\ELK\running\logstash-2.0.0\test\groktest.txt"
  }
}

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Logstash is waiting for more data to be appended to testinputgrok36.txt, which it's tailing. For testing purposes like this I suggest you use the stdin input and redirect your test file to Logstash.

Thanks, What I actually ended up doing was added start_postion => ["beginning"] to the input and that has allowed me to test. Thanks for the input though!!

That'll still only allow you to test it once. The second time you run Logstash with the exact same file Logstash will continue to tail it. This is a major source of confusion among Logstash beginners, so beware.

How do i use STDIN with a file?

command < file

which (on Windows) is equivalent to

type file | command

I don't understand this. Can you show me the syntax relative to my above example?

C:\path\to\logstash\executable -f C:\path\to\configfile < C:\ELK\running\logstash-2.0.0\test\testinputgrok36.txt

Thanks again!!! Is there a way when writing a GROK filter you can just say i dont care what data is in between x and y?

for example:
A new process has been created. <---I want this
Subject: Security ID: S-1-5-18 <---I don't want this
Account Name: XXXXX <---I want this

Are those three lines part of the same multi-line message or are they three different messages?

They are all in the same line

The grok filter doesn't do search-and-replace (use gsub for that), but grok is usually used for extracting fields from a larger message and you can choose to simply not extract the contents of the Subject line.